Attention Customers! Important information below on GDE's plans.
1) GDE's lobby will open June 1st. There will be a limit of 10 customers in the lobby and a limit of one person per account.
2) GDE's drive-thru will remain available for taking payments.
3) Late fees will start back June 1st.
4) Customers will begin paying electronic payment fees June 1st. (This will include payments made over the phone, online or at the kiosk)
5) Disconnect for nonpayment will begin June 11th. This means business as usual. Customers will receive their late notice which will indicate the cutoff date. (Take advantage of GDE's email and text alerts now! Not signed up? GDE's customer service staff can assist @ 615-452-5152)
6) GDE is working on a PANDEMIC PAYMENT EXTENSION AGREEMENT, details to come June 2nd.
GDE would like to remind its customers to practice good hygiene (wash your hands and don't touch your face). Remember, we are all learning along the way. If you have any questions, please reach out at 615-452-5152. GDE wishes you good health.
We, at the Gallatin Department of Electricity (GDE), realize that a lot of our customers are struggling right now. Due to the pandemic; third party transaction fees, late fees and disconnection for non-pay have all been suspended for a time. If you have a bill, you are still obligated to pay. Customers of GDE pay in arrears, meaning they have already used the electricity that they are paying for. This means that GDE has already paid TVA for the electricity used before customers pay GDE. During these hard times it is important for you to pay what you can for the electricity that you have already used. Customers who have paid something will not be in as bad a shape once the pandemic is over. It will be hard to recover from three or more months of not paying the electric bill just because the power company is not cutting customers off.
Once the pandemic is over and people are getting back to work, GDE will work with customers to pay back what they owe. There will be several payment plans available, but the more a customer can pay now will greatly help them down the road. Hopefully this pandemic will be over soon, and we can all get back to a normal life. GDE wishes you good health! We are doing our best to keep the lights on during these strange times. Thank you!